10.25.2010

Fort Worth, Texas

Too-ah. Tur. Tar. Tour.

2 nights ago we played a show in Tulsa, Oklahoma @ The Reverb. I know my buddies in Oklahoma are going to read this and get bummed but I really don't like the state of Oklahoma. I like my friends who live there but Oklahoma, Arizona, New Mexico and Utah all bum the shit out of me when I'm there. I don't know why. The vibe of all of those states just weird me out. Desolate places.

The show there was fun. Not many people showed up but I still had a good time. Played at a really cool venue called The Reverb. We got to Tulsa about 3 hours before the show started so we hung out at the venue for a while then decided to hit the town. Nothing seemed to be going on so we did some online research about different strip clubs in town. After some scientific diagnosis we decided on "Night Trips." A few of the dudes didn't have money to weren't 21 so a few of us went in while others hung out in the parking lot.

Being under 21 didn't stop Johnny from Agress. He took Eric's ID and walked into the club like he owned the place and he got in no problem, it was wild. He even ordered a Budweiser. A true American hero. So we looked at some strippers for a while. Mainly watched them all come right over to Chino. I don't know if it was his long locks or his leather vest but every stripped gravitated right to his glorious mustache. When a woman wants a true man, they can find one in Chino.

After an hour or so at Night Trips we decided it was about time to get back to The Reverb. As we were leaving Agress backed out right as we were backing out causing us to stop in the middle of the parking lot. As they continued backwards I noticed they were heading towards a car so I just kept saying "you're gonna hit that car...You're gonna hit that car, watch out there's a car...YOU'RE GONNA HIT THAT CAR" BOOM! Eric backed right into a really nice car that obviously belonged to someone who worked at Night Trips. We started losing it as Agress just sped off right into a dead end. We decided to then get out of there before anyone suspected us.

After the show in Tulsa we stayed with our buddy Josiah. Most of us passed out really quick . Apparently sometime in the night Josiah's dad came up to me as I was sleeping, spread eagle outside of my sleeping bag and asked me "How was the gig tonight?" The only thing I can think of is I was mouth quivering and he may have assumed I was awake? I also slept sitting up with my eyes open in my bed at home a few weeks ago so who knows, my eyes could have been open. Luckily Tyler woke up as this happened and answered "good" for me.

Today we got up early and headed down to Fort Worth, Texas for our show at 1919 Hemphill, one of my favorite venues of all time. We got to Fort Worth and dropped Chino off at his parents. We headed to the Cain resident's and met their 3 cats, exotic fish, turtle who lives in the pool and Colonel, the chicken in the backyard. As Tyler and Kurt enjoyed some clam chowder and bread, Mitch and I headed to Pizza Garden, the supreme $3.99 pizza buffet here in Fort Worth. It. Was. Great. After that we came back to Tyler's and I dumped around on the computer for 2 and half hours, watching south park and cataloging the entire Hercules recording and tour history.

The show at 1919 was sweet. We sadly missed the first band because we were told to get to a show at 9 that started at 8:30. I'm sorry LIKEWISE. Hopefully I'll see your band next time. Next up was Innards, a really sweet screamo type band featuring dudes who used to be in Jubilee. Real nice guys, really good band. Agress was next and they got the crowd mashin' hard. We played after that and slopped around for a few minutes then a really sweet band called Prognosis Negative closed the night out.

I got a nice shower in tonight and we all filled up on some Whattaburger for our midnight snack. Try the BOB (breakfast on a bun). Tomorrow we are playing in San Antonio, TX. Hopefully we have some wild adventures. Tour has been great so far!

No comments: