11.10.2010

Lincoln, Nebraska - home from tour

I decided to wait a few days before doing my tour / Hercules wrap up. I wanted to adjust to real life back in Lincoln before I sat down to try and convey what this tour and this band has meant to me. I want to keep it brief, there's no need for a long explanation. This tour was one of the greatest experiences of my life and I wouldn't have changed a single thing about it except possibly making it 10 times as long. I think we all felt that this was the last one as Hercules so we really enjoyed every possible second.

The last show in Omaha was an insane experience. In 5 and a half years of being in Hercules I've never once just stood still at a show. But Saturday I was motionless the entire time. I spent the show looking at the crowd of friends and strangers in anger, awe and amusement. It was a wild mix of emotions. I couldn't believe the energy in the room, it was something I've never experienced in my life. I could tell people actually cared about what was going on and that really meant a lot to me. Half of the time I had no idea where Tyler was as he was being eaten alive by the sea of people.

It really didn't hit me until our last song that Hercules was over. And it hit me again today while I was at work. I still don't buy it but apparently it's true. I co-founded Hercules a month after I turned 17 years old in 2005. It was a joke. It still was a joke up until Saturday. But if 4 losers from the middle of the country can take a joke as far as we took Hercules I think any kid into punk / hardcore / DIY can do whatever they want in life. I don't want to make it seem like we were more than we were. We were a punk band who had so much help from our friends here at home and around the country.

I really felt Hercules bridged the gap between Omaha and Lincoln and gave us something all we could enjoy together. If it wasn't for this band I wouldn't know most of the people I know today. Things ended rocky like things tend to do but I wouldn't change a thing about the last 5 and a half years of my life. I've seen a lot of places and had a lot of experiences with this band and it's been amazing. I don't plan on stopping any time soon. We're already working on the first Powerslop demo. I realize it will never be the same to people. I figure they'll just want Hercules. But I know we're all fine with that because though we love the people who help us and come to our shows, we've always done Hercules because we love punk rock and touring. Powerslop will be no different. I hope you all enjoy it.

Thanks to everyone for the best time of my life. You all know who you are. I really think the line "Stay like this forever and hold onto your youth" is something that will stick with me all of my years.

No comments: