4.11.2009

ALAMINNEAPOLIS

Left Fargo after eating some nice pita's at Pita Pit. Changed my life for the better. Drove to Minneapolis, pretty short drive today but seemed like it took forever. Stopped outside of Minneapolis and ended up sitting at a Target for an hour or so. Got to The Alamo around 6:30 and no one was there. It was really weird for a while but people finally started showing up around 8:30. I fell asleep in the van and missed Condominium, I was super pissed. I woke up to Tyler telling me it was time to play and I was really out of it.

Our set was pretty fun. I can never tell if anyone in this town likes us or hates us. Modern Problems from Winnipeg was super awesome. Real fast, old school hardcore. I went back out to the van and fell asleep again and slept through Dios Mio which really bums me out because they are one of my favorite Midwest bands. I woke up this time to Danny moving the van so we could load up. I talked to Kailey on the phone the whole time and didn't load up anything, kind of felt like a dick.

We were all really excited to eat what we were told were the best burritos in Minneapolis and Pineda. It was closed when we got there. Just my luck! Then we went to Little Ceasars to try and dumpster some pizzas from there but that of course did not work either. So we're at this dudes Charlies house making spaghetti, listening to black sabbath. It's a good time. Unfortunately for me he has two cats and smokes in his house, looks like another freezing night in the van for me.

Tomorrow (or today if you want to be a dick about it) we're driving to Iowa City to see Trash Talk @ The Picador. Friends from Lincoln are driving there as well so it should be a really good time. I am super beat this week. I have only been getting 4 - 5 hours of sleep since last Thursday or so. Don't know what my deal is. The shitty sleep I got last night (and will most likely get tonight) aren't helping either. Fuck the world, right?

Sunday we're playing in Omaha AGAIN (sorry everyone) with Energy, Defeater and Reviver @ T.O. Garcias. Should be a good time, never played there before. It will be weird going out to Papillion, I haven't been there in such a long time. But there's no point to go to a part of town that Jordan might possibly patrol. Come out, but don't watch us because we'll just be playing the same set we played Tuesday & Wednesday.

I'm tired, I think I'll go out to the van.

No comments: