9.17.2009

Man Vs. Food

So tour is dwindling down to the last couple of days here and I can't lie, I'm pretty bummed out. We've had a killer time. I wish I could have had more internet access because I didn't get to post very much and because of that I couldn't share so many great stories with the people who actually read this when I'm gone. But I do miss my friends, kailey, dani and my family a whole lot so coming home won't be bad at all. If I didn't have to head back to work two jobs then it would be great but if life was that easy I wouldn't know what to do.

We had our show in St Louis get canceled yesterday...kind of. Pretty much just got stood up which sucks but that's the only time a show got canceled on this tour which is great luck for us who are use to having like a week off straight on tour. I really miss hanging out with the Battle dudes but we discussed a midwest / canada tour in the springtime so I really hope that happens because I need to see those dudes again. I don't think driving down to play an after party around the fest with them is going to happen because a few of us have some "other" halloween plans. Muahahahahaha!

Today we're playing a show I've been looking forward to for a while in Normal, Illinois. Our buddy Randle's band "Dripping Slits" is playing and with a name like that they've got to be wild. It's at a venue I've heard about for a while called The Kitchen so I am excited to play there and hang out. I always love getting back into the midwest where people are nice and normal because every show you play is just with a ton of friends so it rules. Tomorrow is Iowa City then Saturday is Des Moines where some friends from Nebraska are going to come out to. I am really excited to see everyone and hang out. I'm always weird the first little bit seeing everyone because for a month a I walk into a room, know no one and get looked at weird then suddenly I walk into a room and all of my best friends are there, it's a wild, fast transition.

So right now I'm sitting in a gigantic house in St. Louis with a gigantic dog named Miss Jenkins, just did some laundry, gonna shower, shave, clip my toenails, maybe exfoliate? Things are looking up in the world of hygene for me. Didn't have much to say in today's blog, just kind of a pre-recap for I do my final one of tour. Excited to get home and see all of your poor freaks. We will hang out real hard.

No comments: