3.06.2010

Omaha, NE

Tour kicked off last night and in an amazing way. The show absolutely ruled. A ton of young kids came out and that got me really excited about the future of punk rock in Nebraska. Borealis kicked off the night and they shredded hard. They played some new songs that sounded great so I will be real excited for a future release from them. After 45 minutes Worst Of Times finally took the stage and opened up with a creepy sample from The Exorcist 2. Spooky P claimed his throne as the scariest dude in hardcore. He looked like he wanted to kill absolutely everybody. They were heavy and I fell on my head after a botched stage dive. Worth it.

Next was the boys from Gator land, Battle. Their new guitarist Dave shreds hard as fuck! He's a cool dude and I'm glad he's not creepy or a possible axe murderer. They played new songs off of their 7" Closer/Further that were punishing, riffy and fast as hell. I am really excited to spend the next 3 weeks with these dudes. They told me of a concoction in Canada of fries, cheese and gravy that I have to try. I'm bummed on the lack of burritos available in Ye Ole Canada but I'll just have to find a new food love.

Finally it was our turn to play and it was a nutty time. The sound at The Hole is really awesome (on stage at least) and I could feel the vibration of the speakers rattling my insides and I loved every second of it. I saw multiple people get crushed by the swarm of push moshing, stage dives and all out mania. We played hard and had a great time. I was pleased.

Next to seasoned vets Cordial Spew took the stage. I was pissed that a ton of people left but in their defense the show started around 8:30 and it took 5 bands until nearly 1:00am to play. A real late night but those who stuck around for the Spew got a front row seat to a great performance. I'm 100% positive that the villain from The 5th Element was at the show in 2 studded belts dancing like a nut job. Scared the living hell out of me but I told people to bring the freaks and they did.

The night ended right at Alvarados. Now today we're sticking around Nebraska to catch JVA, Fireworks, Saves The Day and New Found Glory @ The Bourbon in Lincoln. Then tomorrow we load up in our trusty lady The Winnefaygo to head out for 3 weeks of bliss. We'll be in Canada Monday, I hope to bring you great stories.

For up to the minute updates follow me at www.twitter.com/bigcoolscorner then come back here to get the full story.

Ta ta,

Big Cool.

No comments: