2.09.2009

DEEZ VEGAN DONUTS ARE INCWEDABLE!

Day 5 of tour. Really only day 3 if you don't feel like counting Omaha and Lincoln. We played in Grand Island on Saturday. The show was actually really awesome but everything around the show before and after fell short of being cool at all. The bands were all pretty sweet. Clean Sweep has gotten a lot tighter as a band. The new band Minkus was cool, they sounded like Latterman. We hung out with dudes who were a great mix of frat guys, hot topic dudes and nu metal bros. Think any high school bully but with black fingernail polish and an Avenged Sevenfold shirt on. We got kicked out of their house after the show so they could go to the bar. We decided to drive to Wichita.

Hung out until 7am with Vic, Tyler and Veronica, watching Planet Earth DVDs. I've been waking up really early on this tour even if I go to sleep really late at night. Hung around Wichita yesterday, visiting local sites like Keeper of the Plains. Saw a sweet statue of a troll under some grates. I guess they light him up green at night, it was a cool place. The show in Wichita was really awesome. Played with a sweet band called Polar Opposite Bear. JVA played a solid set and it made me super excited to be on tour with these guys.

Last night didn't go so well for me. The past 5 days I've been in a swarm of cigarrette smoke and cat hair. It all finally hit me last night. My throat became really soar and I started hacking up these hard crystals of mucus. My nose won't stop running and my eyes are watering all of the time. Some people ate some mushrooms last night and I spent most of the time making this really scary face at Vic. It scared him so much that at one point he had a high chair in his hands really to strike me if I came any closer. He also warned me that if the face continued it was friends off.

I went to sleep around 3:30am last night and woke up at 8:45am this morning to the loud sound of a speaker in the opposite room playing white noise every 7 seconds. Spent the first waking hour in the bathroom hacking up whatever I could out of my throat. It's 11:06 now and people are starting to wake up. I think it's time I get ready to go. I hope I can get some fucking sleep tonight.

Playing in Enid tonight, a small town in Oklahoma at a venue called The Underground. From the pictures I've seen it looks like it's mainly used for juggalo shows. Should be really interesting. Matt Vicars had 4 vegan donuts and 5 vegan cupcakes yesterday. Get ready for him to be fat when we get home.

No comments: