2.20.2009

"we're having loud metal rock bands here tonight"

Tallahassee day 2. After the library I got a text message from Vic asking if I wanted to go swim in a sink hole. I obviously said yes. I was with The JV All*Stars and asked them if they wanted to go. For some reason they decided to go to the mall and get keys made instead. What a bunch of whack jobs. We drove about 30 minutes outside of Tallahassee and parked along side of the road. We walked about 15 minutes into a random forest until we approached a sink hole in the middle of nowhere. Mikey just tried to kick me off of his computer but since I'm updating Big Cool's Corner he decided to let it slide.

The sink hole was awesome. The water was absoultely freezing but after living in the sub-zero temperatures of Nebraska since October I wouldn't have cared how cold the water was. We had a blast swimming, trying to get swing on a rope into the sink hole and avoiding being scratched by the dog Davis we brought along with us. Mitch fell victim to the fast moving paws of the pitbull and suffered 4 large bloody scratches on his back. It looks like a bear tore into him. Vic can't tread water so he sat on a log in the water and got drunk. He later told me he was hungry because "swimming" really makes him want to eat. I told him how he didn't swim, he just sat in water and we looked at each other for 10 seconds or so and then moved on.

We got back to the shit shack and our new friends Frankie and Matt made us pasta with vegan sausage and garlic bread. After we napped and feasted we decided it was about time to go to our show at the OAF House. The OAF house was a great venue in Tallahassee that is sadly shutting down tomorrow. The house was your classic punk house that had a a shed in the backyard where bands played. This dude told me that the house has been around for 10 years and it's run is ending this weekend. A sad day in punk rock.

We all hung out and finally loaded in around 10:00pm. Us and JVA decided to share equipment and switch off playing. We'd played a song then they played a song and so on. It was going great and the shed was getting hot and wild. Then when Eric got a wild hair in his ass and decided to turn on Aaron's rat pedal while we were playing the cops came and shut us down. A girl high on LSD told us we had to turn the drums and bass down. We laughed and decided to stop playing since there's no way to turn drums down.

Some people went to a party across the street and got high while Nick Miller and I chilled in the Winnefaygo and told each other about our current situations in our lives. We partied late into the night. Kids in Florida like to jam tunes really load outside and dance around the speakers until they're too drunk to stand up. I fell asleep sandwiched between Nick and Vic hoping that one of them wasn't going to roll onto me in the night and crush my windpipe.

Today we chilled at the OAF House for a little longer and once again chilled around their speakers while they jammed the local college radio station. I walked through the FSU campus to go eat at Jimmy John's and it reminded me why I hate college and most people. Vic got to eat vegan soul food and I think it made him really happy.

We're in Lake City, FL right now at the Marion ST Cafe where we will be playing tonight. It's weird as hell here. I think everyone is bummed out that we're a loud band playing at their coffee shop. Tonight is a 6 band show and Jim from this band Battle told me that some kids messaged them on myspace saying they were going to kick their ass while they played. If that happens I'll try to make an immediate post and I'm sure Vic will update his twitter "Vic On Tour." Here's what everyone is doing right now

Vic : spacing off into mikey's eyes while growing a wicked goatee
Mikey: holding his head in his bands growing a disgusting mustache
Aaron: playing with a pack of sugar
Nick T: Telling Mikey that it's time to load in
Eric: Eating a whole pizza to himself
Nick M: Watching Eric eat that pizza, possibly trying to mooch a piece off of him (of course)
Tyler: Skating around Lake City sharpening his siqqq skills
Danny: Playing with his hair, sitting on a bench in the sun
Matty: Out of sight, but probably playing video games
Mitch: Drawing a picture of a wizard titled "eric the wand bearer"
Me: updating big cools corner with my left leg over my right leg getting a mean glare from everyone behind the counter. maybe it's my rise and fall shirt.

until next time this is big cool saying "big baybay, big whammy, big cool."


No comments: