6.22.2009

how'd you not see that curb?

I didn't have an ideal start to my day this morning. We played to 5 people last night in Fresno but I still had a great time. Vic got us a place to stay with a friend of a friend in Sacramento so we made the 2 and a half hour drive up here after the show. I slept in the van because it was pretty crowded in the apartment. I woke up this morning and had to shit extremely bad but the bathroom was in the room of the couple we're staying with and I didn't want to impose.

I hoped in the drivers seat of the winnefaygo and drove to the nearest thing I could find where I could poop and charge my phone. That was a starbucks. I pooped and then charged my phone for a little while then decided to get out of there. I stopped at Trader Joe's on the way back to get some orange juice and a banana for breakfast. I had to park the van in a different spot than it was at. I was pulling up to this huge curb when I ran into something and heard a loud POP noise. I screamed "FUCK" because I knew I had just blown our tire. Ironic because last night Vic asked me if we had ever popped a tire on tour and I told him "are you trying to jinks us dude?" He did.

Lucky for me I have AAA. So while most everyone was still asleep I called them up, got the car towed to a near by reapair shop and got a new one put on for $60. It really could have been much worse and it worked out for the most part. Playing a show in Concord, California tonight. Should be a good time!

No comments: