6.30.2009

I'd rather not...

Interesting day in my life and in the collective lives of my comrads in the Hercules crew. We woke up in Spokane, Washington after staying with a very nice mom and her two daughters. They had Rollins band pictures and records everywhere so I was really pumped on that. I spent most of my morning looking through it all. We left for the first half of our 16 hour trek from Spokane to Salt Lake City. The plan was to drive to Boise, Idaho and try to find a place to stay or get a hotel room.

We stopped at some restaurants in downtown Spokane to get some food before we hit the road. After we all ate we went to start up the Winnefaygo. No dice. A lady and a daughter came out of Arbys and we decided to ask them for a jump. Aaron approached the woman and asked if we could get a jump. "Excuse me?" she said "Could we get a jump?" Aaron replied. The lady had the most horrified look on her face. "I don't have jumper cables." "We do." After a 30 second pause and silence coupled with a terrified face the lady exclaimed "I'd rather not, someone else will come around." I called AAA to get a jump since we thought it was our battery. About 30-45 minutes later Roy from the local AAA affiliate rolled up. He told us our battery was looking great. He got his plump body under our van and emerged 3 minutes later only to tell us we definately need a new starter.

Got it towed to an auto repair shop a couple of blocks from the immaculate Arby's we were at. After an hour or so wait and $176 later we were on the road to Boise. It was a 7 hour drive that we started at 5:00pm. Idaho is the most beautiful state in this country, if you haven't been, visit it. So many green green green hills and beautiful rivers. The drive got hellish with so many twists and turns I almost puked. We finally rolled into Boise at 1:30am and destroyed food since none of us had eaten in 12 hours. Met up with In The Face of War at a house we're staying at. They played a punk bar with The Ashers (members of The Unseen). We have to wake up in the morning so the guy we're staying with can fire someone at Papa Joe's (no, not John's, Joe's) then give us free pizza.

Can't spread too much about my family's life but I found out today that Stephens is not my last name and now my whole family is about to go through a huge process and getting our last name legal. Holy shit. Wild fucking day. Another long ass drive tomorrow to Taylorsville, Utah. I'm finally feeling a little better. I sadly passed the black death onto Tyler Cain who is now sick as shit. Home in 4 days. This tour has flown by. Hopefully I will see you all of the fourth of July.

4th of July @ Ghost House
- Hercules
- In The Face of War
- Life of a Scarecrow
- Thunderbolts

No comments: