6.02.2009

24.49.30

Just did my finances for tour yesterday. I think if I did everything right I'll come home on July 4th with about $68. Fuck. Then I have to somehow get from $68 to about $800 in a month and a half so I can then go on another tour and pay rent up front for 2 months. Things are going to be really interesting in my life! But I'd rather go on tour and be poor than stay home and have a lot of money and nothing to do with it except buy useless shit I don't need. I know that's what would happen too, because I've done it before.

Been really stressed lately with trying to get everything done that needs to be done for tour. We leave in 10 days and still basically have nothing done. We're a real last minute type of band. I wish I didn't have to take on the brunt of all of the work. On top of work, Kailey, the gym, and all of the other shit in my life, doing everything for this band makes my days all really full. I rarely have a day where there is nothing for me to do. But then when I do have nothing to do I'm bored so I should stop complaining.

I'll be working on while we're on this June tour trying to book our August - September shows. Luckily I only have to book the first and last week, Battle is taking the middle week that we play with them. That will make things a lot easier on me. Still have to get our stickers and buttons made, finish and print our inserts and apology letters, get the winnefaygo an oil change and tune up, print out our directions, get our covers screened, assemble our records, make a merch sign, burn all of these cdr's for our records and I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton of other shit.

It's whatever, it's all worth it in the end. Excited about the full few weeks before I leave, I'll get get to hang with everyone a lot before I'm gone for a while.

6.03 Greenfields @ Ghost House
6.04 Era's last show @ Ghost House
6.06 Wilmot Proviso @ The Float Crib
6.08 Koizumi @ Ghost House
6.09 Cruel Hand @ The Manor
6.11 Tour Kickoff * Record Release @ Mosaic

Hell yeah! Looking like I only have to work anywhere from 4-6 more days then I have 3 and a half weeks off! 24 days gone, 49 days home, 30 days gone. I'll be gone more than home all summer for the first time in my life. Pretty excited to see the entire country with my friends. Excited to see who we take with us in August. Hopefully some people who haven't experienced tour before so they can see how awesome it is.

Today : laundry, burning cd's and exercising @ my parents, donating plasma, then going to hang out with Kailey and Dani in Lincoln at 7:00. My mom was real nice to me and gave my poor ass $20 for gas so I could go see Kailey and Dani. She said she wanted me to see them as much as possible before I leave. I love my mom. No complaints today!

No comments: